Safety meetings аrе something оftеn seen аѕ а nесеѕѕаrу evil, it hаѕ tо bе done, nо matter hоw boring and repetitious.
This does not have to be the case.
Safety meetings ѕhоuld bе looked uроn аѕ аn opportunity tо connect with employees and inspire each other to create a safer and healthier workplace.
1. Provide training & materials to boost committee members knowledge & recognition of workplace safety & health hazards as well as ways to avoid & prevent them.
2. Rotate your committee members every so often so that the whole team gets involved.
3. Make sure your meetings aren't boring. Be visual, be meaningful and bring it all back to the "why" you're doing it (i.e. getting home safely to your family every night).
4. Get in touch with other industries & get inspiration from what they do.
5. Plan your meetings ahead of time to give your members time to prepare and think.
6. Consider getting a motivational safety speaker in to talk to your team and inspire them.
7. Hold a safety week in the office. During this week, all the employees must adhere to and take all precautions mentioned in an office safety checklist that you can prepare and give them. Then, fix a date for a meeting in which you can give out special awards to all those who took the necessary precautions and maintained proper safety in the office.
8. Give your employees a health and safety manual about your business. Without warning challenge them to a pop quiz to see how much they know and what you need to emphasise
We hope that you are inspired by these ideas.
Share your health and safety ideas with firstname.lastname@example.org.